“On Wednesdays, we wear Pink!”
“If you’re from Africa, why are you white?!”
“She doesn’t even go here!”
“Boo, you whore.”
Ok, ok, enough with the Mean Girls quotes. For those of you who don’t know, today is the 10th Anniversary of Mean Girls! Mean Girls is the ultimate girly film, so it’s no wonder that it’s been so successful – there’s a Mean Girls quote for every occasion! So, to commemorate Mean Girls’ anniversary (which also happens to be on a Wednesday) , I thought I’d do a little pink mood board, to give you all some ideas on what to wear on Wednesdays – aka Pink Day.
1. Boohoo “Luiza” Dogtooth Playsuit : Playsuits are a must-have item for Summer, as they are just SO fetch! I love this playsuit, it mixes two current trends – pastels and dogtooth print. I love the scallop hem and the belt as well – it’s perfect for a pretty, stylish summers day.
2. Ted Baker Colour Block Tote Bag: Oh, Ted, how do I love thee. I love this gorgeous nude-pink bag by Ted Baker. I see quite a few people with these, and I really want one – just not sure if I’m ready to take the £160 plunge! A handbag is a wardrobe essential, and I feel this bag can give an outfit a touch of pink, without being too loud; it’s subtle so it’ll go with everything.
3. Select Fashion Pink Crop Top and Midi Skirt: Co-ords! I’m loving the co-ord trend this season, and I really want to get myself some co-ords, although I’m not brave enough to wear shorts yet! I love this duo and I think it’s perfect for summer, and it’s also available in white. Select do have some amazing clothes in at the moment, and lots more matching crop tops and skirts in different patterns, so definitely check those out.
4. Pink Converse: It had to be done, Pink Converse on yet another moodboard/wishlist on my blog. These have been on countless wish lists of mine, and I am proud to say that I now own a pair! Converse are a wardrobe staple, as they can be worn with pretty much anything! I have three pairs – Black, White and Pink, and I think Pink is lovely as it can be used to brighten up an outfit! They’re so girly as well – you’re never too old for pink converse!
5. Topshop Pink Gingham Leggings: Finally, I love these pink gingham leggings. From the picture, you really can’t see that they’re gingham, as the print is so tiny on them, but I think they’re super cute, and perfect for colder days especially – you could wear another pastel coloured jumper with them? I love mix and matching pastels! These leggings are also available in blue and mint green as well – so if pink doesn’t take your fancy, there are other options!
I hope you’ve enjoyed my pink picks of the day – I’m now making more of an effort to wear pink on a Wednesday, especially with the current pastel trend! Happy 10th Anniversary to Mean Girls – the most amazingly quotable film ever.